Re: Future of MariaDB in stretch-lts (was: Re: CVE-2020-15180: MariaDB)

Hello!

> >> During the 10.5 packaging cycle I have tested building backports for
> >> every commit (see e.g.
> >> https://salsa.debian.org/mariadb-team/mariadb-10.5/-/pipelines/191851).
> >> The galera-4 dependency is already available in
> >> stretch-backports-sloppy. If you are interested in backports, that
> >> could be a viable option.
> >
> > how compatible are 10.1 and 10.5?
>
> buster has 10.3, so if anything, we should upgrade to 10.3. However that's a
> major upgrade, so before doing that, we should consider carefully consider
> whether we can get 10.1 supported for longer (perhaps with some upstream help).

I could spend a bit of time testing a mariadb-10.3 backport from
Buster to Stretch, but in order to do it, can you help me elsewhere?

Currently my time is eaten up by mariadb-10.5 which I have not been
able to get from unstable -> testing yet due to

- Otto