Re: ksh / CVE-2019-14868

Hi

An attack is possible in the following cases:
1) The attacker can login
2) The attacker is not supposed to execute any command, just run the
command that use ksh as interpreter.
3) The attacker can trick ksh to import environment variables from the
attacker (for example in a login shell like provided through ssh)

I'd say that this is a rather rare case, but sure fixing it is better
than not to.

Github is up now but essentially the patch do what the description of
the vulnerability tells. It only allow integers.

Best regards

// Ola

|  ola@inguza.com                    opal@debian.org            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |