Re: libdatetime-timezone-perl need to wait?

Hi,

On 19/06/2020 23:29, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> In the DLA needed entry for libdatetime-timezone-perl you have
> mentioned that we need to wait for oldstable update via point release
> before the LTS update is made. When looking at the version numbers for
> the different releases I fail to see the necessity of that.
>
> Have I missed something? Or is this note false?

>From what I understand, we want to provide 2020a-0+deb8u1 but if we do
before 2019c-0+deb9u1 -> 2020a-0+deb9u1 is done on stretch, people who
upgrade jessie -> stretch will retain the jessie package (while they
should use the stretch package).

See also https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=958995

Cheers!
Sylvain