Re: unbound not supported

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 07:25:42AM +1000, Brian May wrote:
> Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> writes:
>
> > for d-s-s in jessie i'm still unsure, which version number to use
> > (see https://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2020/06/msg00136.html
> > for a summary of the problem). allocating and issuing the DLA will
> > be easy once I'm clear about that version number...
>
> I have wondered if it even makes sense list of supported packages (which
> is somewhat dynamic) in a package in the distribution itself

The ideal way to handle this is in package meta data, which then allows
tools like apt to act on it (e.g. by alerting on installed/incomplete
packages).

But that needs

- a proper spec for the format
- support in dak
- support in the package tools

so the approach of a self-contained tool was the more realistic choice
to enable a working solution for the start of squeeze LTS and like all
ad hoc solutions it sticks around...

> Wouldn't it be better to have, maybe a wiki page somewhere that lists
> unsupported packages?

Noone will notice, read or care :-)

Cheers,
        Moritz