Re: unbound not supported

Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> writes:

> for d-s-s in jessie i'm still unsure, which version number to use
> (see https://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2020/06/msg00136.html
> for a summary of the problem). allocating and issuing the DLA will
> be easy once I'm clear about that version number...

I have wondered if it even makes sense list of supported packages (which
is somewhat dynamic) in a package in the distribution itself (which is
suppose to be relatively stable and - apart from exceptions such as
security updates - follow a strict order of unstable -> testing ->
stable -> oldstable).

Plus after the distribution is no longer supported, I imagine the d-s-s
file in that distribution is no longer valid and should not be used
(unless we update it at the time the distribution stops being
supported).

Wouldn't it be better to have, maybe a wiki page somewhere that lists
unsupported packages?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>