Re: Wheezy LTS not present in archive.debian.org

Hello Piviul,

On 06/03/2020 10:34, Piviul wrote:
> Hi all, I'm new in this list and I hope my trivial problem doesn't
> concern an annoyance trivial matter...
> Well, I have noted that my wheezy installed packages are newer than the
> one in the archived repository... so I ask you what happens to LTS
> updates when a debian version ends his LTS support and it is archived.
> I was thinking that all LTS security updates was archived to the debian
> archive repository but this doesn't seems to match my wheezy: some
> packages are in a version newer than the one in debian archive and I
> think this updates derives from the LTS security updates...
> For example winbind:
>> $ apt-cache policy winbind
>> winbind:
>>   Installed: 2:3.6.6-6+deb7u16
>>   Candidate: 2:3.6.6-6+deb7u16
>>   Version table:
>>  *** 2:3.6.6-6+deb7u16 0
>>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>>      2:3.6.6-6+deb7u7 0
>>         500 http://archive.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main amd64 Packages
>
> There is a further repos where LTS security updates are archived?

Good question :)

Snapshot saved the deb7u16 update as part of wheezy-security in 2018:
https://snapshot.debian.org/package/samba/2%3A3.6.6-6%2Bdeb7u16/

There's a modified copy of Wheezy LTS as part of the ELTS project
(deb7u19, 2019):
https://deb.freexian.com/extended-lts/
https://deb.freexian.com/extended-lts/pool/main/s/samba/

I also see there's a copy of Squeeze LTS in the Debian archive:
http://archive.debian.org/debian/dists/squeeze-lts/
and a copy of Wheezy pre-LTS (2016):
http://archive.debian.org/debian/dists/wheezy/
but there's no copy of Wheezy LTS.

Anybody knows if there's an archived copy of Wheezy LTS/pre-ELTS?

Cheers!
Sylvain