Re: Drop support for libqb?

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 05:19:03PM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:

> And then it would be ideal to upload the package to unstable and then
> file a SRM bug to update the package in stretch, in addition to
> uploading to jessie. (Probably this should also result in a DLA, not
> 100% sure though. Thoughts & comments definitly welcome.)

Hi Holger,

I am hesitant to file the bugs with the SRMs and to do the jessie
upload.  I merged the 2019.11.15 tag into the jessie and stretch
branches.  I also created a new buster branch from that tag.

The buster update goes from 2019.06.13..2019.11.15_deb10u1, the stretch
update from debian/2019.02.01_deb9u1..2019.11.15_deb9u1 and the jessie
update from debian/2019.02.01_deb8u1..2019.11.15_deb8u1.  The git diffs
look sane.  However, after building each of the packages and checking
the debdiffs (against source packages downloaded with debsnap), the
stretch and jessie packages I built seem to be inducing many more
changes than those revealed by git diff.

Before I go ahead with pushing changes to salsa, uploading to jessie,
releasing a DLA, and filing bugs requesting approval to upload to buster
and stretch, I'd like to make sure that I have gone about all of this in
the right way.

What is the best way to facilitate this?  Should I fork
debian-security-support and push my proposed changes there for you to
review?  Should I post source packages and debdiffs for review?  Let me
know how I should proceed.

Regards,

-Roberto

--