Re: (E)LTS report for October

Hi,

On 10/11/2019 21:41, Brian May wrote:
> Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> writes:
>
>> then, just for the record, this was discussed with Raphael and me. Please
>> don't do more hours than assigned without coordination. See "What should
>> I do if I work more than the hours allocated?" in debian-lts.git for
>> more info.
> Huh? I don't see anything about requiring coordination here. Just bill
> the hours for your next month. Did I miss something?

I believe it's a matter of magnitude: the doc's example is about a 10%
excess, while this was about a ~200% excess.

Coordination allows to average the workload and reactivity, for instance
by adding more people to a task, reassigning the task, reconsidering the
task's scope, etc.
In this particular case it seems they decided to move the hours, but
that's not something one can decide on their own, at this scale.
(There may also be legal issues with billing hours while no hours were
done that particular month, AINAL.)

Cheers!
Sylvain