Re: clamav-daemon: After upgrade, clamd cannon create /var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl and stop.

Hi Filipe,

> I did strike this in three boxes. Straight upgrade but opted not to touch
> config when asked. Don't know if it matters. However I did not find any
> reference to /etc/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.service.d/extend.conf in the
> package scripts as in stretch.
>
> The chown did make the difference. And the extend.conf prior to the upgrade
> on further two boxes got the upgrade working, AFAICT.

thanks for your answer.

After further investigations, I have found a probable cause for this issue:
debian/patches/clamd_dont_depend_on_clamav_demon_socket.patch was
mistakenly backported from the stretch upload.

This should not have been backported, because the jessie package is still
providing the systemd socket, which was removed from the stretch package in
0.99.2+dfsg-3 because of #824042[0].

I did not backport this removal because I considered it too intrusive for a
security upload. Looking back, this was maybe a mistake because it
increased the complexity of the backport.

I have prepared a regression update addressing this issue. It would be a
true benefit for the quality of this upload if somebody could give it a try
before I go on with uploading. You can find (UNRELEASED) amd64 builds,
signed by myself on my Debian webpage:

https://people.debian.org/~hle/lts/clamav/

regards,
Hugo

[0] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=824042

--
                Hugo Lefeuvre (hle)    |    www.owl.eu.com
RSA4096_ 360B 03B3 BF27 4F4D 7A3F D5E8 14AA 1EB8 A247 3DFD