Re: clamd update, some tests failing

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 08:18:12AM +0200, Hugo Lefeuvre wrote:
> > 42,43c42,43
> > < /usr/share/clamav-testfiles/clam-v2.rar: Clamav.Test.File-6 FOUND
> > < /usr/share/clamav-testfiles/clam-v3.rar: Clamav.Test.File-6 FOUND
> > ---
> > > /usr/share/clamav-testfiles/clam-v2.rar: OK
> > > /usr/share/clamav-testfiles/clam-v3.rar: OK
> > 49c49
> > < Infected files: 41
> > ---
> > > Infected files: 39
>
> Unless I am mistaken, this is the expected behavior. I did not update
> libclamunrar9 which is non-free, so these two files are not even processed
> by clamav.
>
> team: I thought that we were not supporting non-free packages. What is our
> policy on this matter?

AFAIK we don't (though we do have some firmware in
jessie-security/non-free, and sponsors did list a few non-free
packages, not including this one -- it would be worth clarifying).

In this case however I wonder how libclamunrar even made it to the
archive - this is linking libclamav (GPL) with an embedded copy of
Unrar (non-free) with no explicit exception, which only the copyright
holder of 100% clamav/GPL code can do.  I would stay away from it.

Cheers!
Sylvain