Re: ruby-mini-magick

Utkarsh Gupta <guptautkarsh2102@gmail.com> writes:

> However, the version of imagemagick in Jessie is 6.8.9.9-5+deb8u17. So I
> guess that should work but given the additional "deb8u17", I suspect
> something changed there which fails the ruby-mini-magick's test.
> Furthermore, PSD is a proprietary piece of software and that test
> doesn't really help us in checking anything important either.
> Neither does TIFFs (from specs).

I just noticed something else weird.

This command doesn't work, it gives no output and returns a result of 1:

identify /tmp/tigerpsdfmt.psd

This command does work, it gives verbose output and returns a result of 0:

identify -verbose /tmp/tigerpsdfmt.psd

> Thus, I don't think we actually need that here and can be safely
> disabled/patched because of the above reasons.

Will have a look. It does concern me however that a security update to
imagemagick may have introduced some weird regression into the identify
command.

I just tested imagemagick version deb8u12 in Jessie, same problem.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>