Re: packages from old security releases.

On 23.05.19 22:04, PICCORO McKAY Lenz wrote:
all those response souns "it's not our problem, we dont care about that" ...

of course. We are not paid, we are just members of mailing list.

important updates for wheeze never will be in archive. thanks for nothing!

You are using Debian for free, aren't you? If not, ask those you pay to.
Otherwise, don't blame Debian people for not providing more free services.

On 22.05.19 22:46, PICCORO McKAY Lenz wrote:
>and not in archive? right?

packages are moved to archive after they are removed from official mirrors.

>> security updates for supported releases. wheezy ELTS is not officially part
>> of
>> Debian, that's why the updates are not available from debian.org machines,
>> but
>> you can still get them from the deb.freexian.com repository if you so
>> choose.
>i already know but why are not in archive!?

the same reason as above and still they same reason Emilio said.

>those packages are in good
>shape and have important updates.. many many MANY hardware runs wheezy
>and cannot be upgraded! due lack of support from recent "fashioned"
>linux

you can get them from freexian archive as Emilio said.

I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.