Re: more missing DLAs on the website

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 02, 2019 at 12:55:31PM +0200, Markus Koschany wrote:
> Am 02.04.19 um 12:39 schrieb Sylvain Beucler:
> > Ideally we could then cron this out as Markus suggested.
>
> So far I had no problems with the parse script. I just download the html
> file from the DLA announcement manually and then I use the script. The
> idea to use a <pre> block would certainly simplify the parsing though.

The script can be used directly on the DLA text/mail, btw (it's not
based on the list archive, no need to download).

Also I remember fixing one of your DLAs before a webwml admin made an
angry commit, the script is sometimes silently bogus.

On Tue, Apr 02, 2019 at 11:57:43AM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 02, 2019 at 12:55:31PM +0200, Markus Koschany wrote:
> > First of all, thank you for your improvements on the parse script. I
> > share your concerns about the usefulness of translating the security
> > advisories.
>
> just because you/we understand English doesnt mean the whole world does.

I'm sure everybody understands the importance of translation, I did
quite a lot of i18n myself.  Just wondering its usefulness for DLAs.

But I figured that translating the DLAs is a matter of priority for
the translators, not us, so let's do the i18n on our side, and let the
translators prioritize :)

> > I agree without the translations we could also consider to
> > link to the mail archive.
>
> and then the mail archive software changes one day, and the links break.
>
> i agree there is a little overhead currently, but a.) there are benefits
> in doing so and b.) we can make the overhead go away.

I'll recap the rationale points in the Development wiki page in a few
days unless somebody beats me to it.

Cheers!
Sylvain