Re: Kernel 3.16.0-8-amd64 on vmware : corrupted page table

Am 29.03.19 um 10:41 schrieb Bernhard Schmidt:

Hi,

> sorry for not setting References correctly, I wasn't subscribed until now.
>
> We're hitting the same issue. Sometimes we see a backtrace in various
> places, most of the times the machine just hangs (the cursor stops
> blinking and it doesn't respond anymore).
>
> Rebooting into -7 seems to fix it.
>
> We're also on VMware ESXi 6.7. I don't think we have physical systems
> with Jessie left, so I can't tell whether it only affects VMware.

Attached the syslog of a machine that threw a lot of kernel Oops and
broke the filesystem, but somehow still managed to write the log.

We have some machines that are successfully running this kernel version
on the same VMware infrastructure. Does not seem to be related to 1 vCPU
vs. 2 vCPU.

Bernhard