Re: Kernel 3.16.0-8-amd64 on vmware : corrupted page table

Hi,

sorry for not setting References correctly, I wasn't subscribed until now.

We're hitting the same issue. Sometimes we see a backtrace in various
places, most of the times the machine just hangs (the cursor stops
blinking and it doesn't respond anymore).

Rebooting into -7 seems to fix it.

We're also on VMware ESXi 6.7. I don't think we have physical systems
with Jessie left, so I can't tell whether it only affects VMware.

Best Regards,
Bernhard

--
Bernhard Schmidt                      Netzbetrieb / IPv6 / DNSSEC
Leibniz-Rechenzentrum               Leibniz Supercomputing Centre