Re: Request for testing - symfony

On Mon, Mar 04, 2019 at 07:07:30PM +0100, Sylvain Beucler wrote:

> I haven't touched Symfony in a while, but I can contribute a few bits:
>
> - The symfony installer is not packaged in Debian
> https://github.com/symfony/symfony-installer
> I tried to run an old version from git but couldn't find the appropriate
> tag matching symfony 2.3.21 (which the Symfony installers depends on (sic))
> This makes me wonder if the Symfony Framework is used in Debian, or if
> only some of its sub-packages are useful.
> Alternatively one could use composer which is not in oldstable (composer
> create-project symfony/framework-standard-edition <project-name>
> <symfony-version>).
>
> - The closest I could get to a test environment is:
> curl -LsS https://symfony.com/installer -o /usr/local/bin/symfony
> apt install php5-mysql
> symfony new myproject 2.3.22  # .21 N/A - we'll ditch this one anyway
> cd myproject/
> mv vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony.bak
> ln -s /usr/share/php/Symfony vendor/symfony/symfony/src/
> # edit IP in web/app_dev.php
> rm -rf app/bootstrap.php.cache
> vendor/sensio/distribution-bundle/Sensio/Bundle/DistributionBundle/Resources/bin/build_bootstrap.php
> php app/console server:run 0.0.0.0:8000
>
> This gives access to a default application and its web control panel.
>
> Not sure if you need people to test for regressions or for the security
> fix (or both) :)
>
> Hope this helps,
> Sylvain

This was very helpful.  I was convinced that there had to be some way to
get to a working app with just the components in the Debian packages.  I
will try to perform some testing and will report back if I still need
additional help.

That said, if anyone out there is able to test, either positive or
negative reports would be very helpful.

Regards,

-Roberto

--