Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 4371-1] apt security update

On 07/02/2019 12:23, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> On 07/02/2019 12:12, Steve McIntyre wrote:

>>> And that worked on the first attempt. Using this approach, I've done
>>> jessie builds of the various LTS arches using casulana, the normal CD
>>> build machine. Resulting test output at
>>>
>>>  http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/.jessie_release/debian-cd/
>>>
>>> if you'd like to have a look. I've tested the amd64 netinst with no
>>> network connection (to ensure no updates from elsewhere), and it
>>> happily installed the right version of apt (1.0.9.8.5) seamlessly.
>>>
>>> If you're happy with this, let me know and I'll spin a new version
>>> ready for release (version 8.11.1, I guess?).
>>
>> Ping?
>
> Sorry for the delay, and thanks for preparing these updated images! I'll give
> them some testing today and report back.

I have done an automated install (ncurses frontend, installing GNOME) using the
netinst/amd64 image, with an LVM encrypted volume. I have also tested the CD1
media, using the graphical installer, doing an SSH server install using the
guided partitioning (full disk). Both installations went well and the systems
seem alright.

Is there any more tests that you would suggest? If you don't have anything
particular in mind, I'd be happy to respin this as 8.11.1 and publish it.

Thanks!
Emilio