Re: QEMU in Jessie: call for testers

On Fri, 2018-11-23 at 07:45 +0100, Hugo Lefeuvre wrote:
> > > I have prepared a preliminary package for qemu to fix most of currently
> > > open CVEs (among those that have a patch or have been fixed in stretch).
> > > I would be glad if someone could give it a try. It is found in the usual
> > > place:
> > >
> > >     deb https://people.debian.org/~santiago/debian santiago-jessie-security/
> > >     deb-src https://people.debian.org/~santiago/debian santiago-jessie-security
> >
> > I installed your package in a clean environment and made some basic use
> > of it, such as create raw disks, create instances (some different
> > architectures), boot existent disks. Everything seems fine so far.
>
> I will proceed to a few tests on my side this afternoon if the upload can
> wait till then. Those will probably be run on a fresh Jessie livecd though
> (my processor does not support nested virtualization which is quite
> annoying when I want to test QEMU in a Jessie VM...)

So far as I know, any x86 processor supporting VMX or SVM supports
nested virtualisation.  However, nested VMX was considered
experimental in KVM for a long time so you have to set a module
parameter to enable it.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
I'm always amazed by the number of people who take up solipsism because