Re: How to handle undetermined

hi,

On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 02:01:38PM +0100, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> What I did was to check CVE-2016-10729 and my conclusion that I cannot
> reproduce the problem.

(I havent looked at CVE-2016-10729.)

> It may be so that the checks are not in place but there are obviously
> something preventing the exploit to be reproducible. Either that or that
> you have to be logged in as backup, which is not possible.

can you reproduce the bug in sid or stretch?

if so, I think you can conclude that the exploit really doesnt work on
jessie.

> My question to you is how to properly mark this vulnerability. Is it so
> that it should be "undetermined" or should I mark it in some other way?

see b990a51a15d in security-tracker.git for an example how to mark
something as not affecting jessie. in short: <not-affected> which an
explaination why.

but only do this if you are really sure, else leave it at undetermined.

--
cheers,
	Holger