Re: updates on the gnupg/enigmail/thunderbird/firefox situation

On 2018-11-11 23:03:07, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
> On 11/11/2018 15:47, Antoine Beaupré wrote:
>> On 2018-11-11 13:21:05, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
>>> Hi Antoine,

>>> The update is ready, and the blocker was an update to stretch, which has already
>>> happen. So I believe we are ready, and this could happen anytime now.
>>>
>>> However since we don't have a working enigmail, should we delay the update until
>>> we do? Given the security issues in thunderbird and the fact that the new
>>> version has a Breaks on the old enigmail, I would say that we can go ahead with
>>> thunderbird, and enigmail can be fixed asynchronously. However if the update is
>>> not too far ahead, we could also delay this a bit longer.
>>>
>>> Thoughts?
>>
>> I think we could manage a resolution with Enigmail soon enough, and
>> considering how fast those updates were deployed on stretch, i don't
>> know if we have a reasonable excuse to delay those in jessie.
>
> Just to be clear, with 'those' are you referring to thunderbird, i.e. saying
> that we should release the update now, and update enigmail asynchronously? That
> is what I think you meant, but perhaps you were referring to enigmail instead,
> maybe suggesting that we shouldn't delay the enigmail updates, i.e. we should
> block the thunderbird update until the enigmail changes are ready.
>
> Maybe I'm just being too dense, but if you could clarify which one you meant,
> I'd appreciate it.

Sorry for being unclear - I meant that the Thunderbird and Firefox
updates were deployed quickly, without waiting for Enigmail to be
ready. So we should do the same with Jessie (upload FF and TB before
Enigmail) especially since we had a long ways to prepare ourselves and
indeed have a plan already.

So please do go ahead.

A.

--
We won't have a society if we destroy the environment.
                        - Margaret Mead