Re: updates on the gnupg/enigmail/thunderbird/firefox situation

Hi Antoine,

On 09/11/2018 20:37, Antoine Beaupré wrote:
> On 2018-11-05 16:26:44, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 30/10/2018 16:46, Antoine Beaupré wrote:
>>> Which brings us to Thunderbird (and Firefox) themselves. The last I
>>> heard of this is that LLVM was NEW in jessie. I wrote Emilio to see if
>>> he needed help on that last week, but haven't got a response. Hopefully
>>> all that work will come to fruitition synchronously in a grand fanfare
>>> of uploads all working out perfectly in the end. :)
>>
>> Sorry if I missed your mail. Anyway, here's an update:
>>
>> LLVM (and the necessary deps) were accepted. Unfortunately I run into some
>> trouble while bootstrapping rustc and cargo. I tried some different ways and
>> finally fixed the first one (bootstrap using upstream binaries). I am uploading
>> the packages now and will follow up with firefox/thunderbird if all goes well.
>
> Just so I see how fast I should be moving on Enigmail, when do you plan
> on uploading Thunderbird?

The update is ready, and the blocker was an update to stretch, which has already
happen. So I believe we are ready, and this could happen anytime now.

However since we don't have a working enigmail, should we delay the update until
we do? Given the security issues in thunderbird and the fact that the new
version has a Breaks on the old enigmail, I would say that we can go ahead with
thunderbird, and enigmail can be fixed asynchronously. However if the update is
not too far ahead, we could also delay this a bit longer.

Thoughts?

Emilio