Re: updates on the gnupg/enigmail/thunderbird/firefox situation

thanks for this thinking and testing and analysis, anarcat!

On Tue 2018-10-30 11:46:35 -0400, Antoine Beaupré wrote:
> The result will be that users will run an outdated version (if they
> don't notice the package's removed or the announcement)

the version of enigmail in debian jessie i believe simply will not run
with the updated thunderbird.  i haven't tested it.

> or will run an up to date but possibly insecure version (if they
> install the Addons version from Mozilla which downloads an arbitrary
> binary from the network, see #891882).

downloads *and runs* an arbitrary binary from the network :(

I'm sorry i don't have more cycles to spend on supporting jessie myself,
but if there are things we should be doing in debian stable and/or
unstable that would make the work on jessie easier, please let me know.

all the best,

    --dkg