Re: Confusing our users - who is supporting LTS?

On Fri, 2018-10-26 at 13:02 -0300, Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 11:05:18AM -0400, Antoine Beaupré wrote:
> > On 2018-10-26 10:26:09, Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo wrote:
[...]
> > > 2) Say "supported by Security team" versus "supported by Freexian",
> > > instead of just saying "supported by LTS"?
> >
> > Hm... I'm not sure what that refers to or what you're proposing, but LTS
> > releases are *not* supported by the security team, but by the LTS team.
> >

> I meant that we would say that stable is supported by the security team.
> And instead of saying that Jessie was supported by the LTS team, we
> would say supported by Freexian. The table at
> https://wiki.debian.org/LTS doesn't even say "supported by LTS team",
> but "supported by LTS", which might be confusing to these users. So,
> maybe just fix this nitpick?
[...]

Although Freexian organises funding for LTS work, there are other LTS
contributors paid directly by other organisations or working on their
own time.  So the best name we have for those contributors now is "LTS
team", but that could change if we change to a different term for the
associated support status.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
The obvious mathematical breakthrough [to break modern encryption]