Re: Checking for regressions after the release of a DLA

On Wed, Aug 08, 2018 at 04:26:04PM +0100, Chris Lamb wrote:
> Dear Moritz,
>
> > > I have prepared a regression update of my package slurm-llnl in jessie,
> > > because of:
> >
> > To everyone working on LTS, there's also a process gap here; anyone who
> > releases a DLA should keep an eye on the BTS for about a week
> > after the release of a DLA to check for eventual regressions. We're doing
> > the same for DSAs.
>
> Do you have any systematic process (or even tooling) for this out of
> interest?

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=878088 will help to
redirect some reports our way, but in the end there's 100% reliable
method to detect regression reports, so the process is more or less to
look at all the reports filed after the date of the release of the
security update.

Cheers,
        Moritz