Re: lbglib-json in Jessie

Riccardo,

> >> Ah, you're right. I just needed that for the "-dev" package, which I need
> >> for building gretl.

> >> Yes (and the dev-package too, of course)
> >
> > I think there is some confusion here or something at least worth
> > clarifying so we are sure we are talking about the same thing -
> > when a package is updated/uploaded in Debian, the entire source
> > package is updated. In other words, one can't just update the -dev
> > package anyway.
>
> Yes, I'm aware of that.

... then it is unclear / misleading why you are referencing the "glib-
json" source package and then mentioning the -dev binary package (with
a "too") as if they are separate concerns.

> >> You mean, in my local system?
> >
> > No, I mean apply this patch to an updated version of 1.0.2 and
> > upload that to jessie  [..]
>
> I'm a bit reluctant to do this, as I've never done this before

You have misread what I wrote. I am not asking you to do that locally
or otherwise. I am asking why we (LTS) don't apply that commit and
upload it to jessie.

> Hm, I don't think so. Should I file a bug report?

Yes. (Issues in Debian should almost always have a bug report, at
least so we can track the versions affected.)

      ,''`.
     : :'  :     Chris Lamb
     `. `'`      lamby@debian.org / chris-lamb.co.uk
       `-