Re: News: 2018-06-01-Debian-7-Long-Term-Support-reaching-end-of-life

Am 01.06.2018 um 01:32 schrieb Laura Arjona Reina:
> Hello all
>
> Sorry for the late reply.
>
> I have renamed the announcement draft to match the usual format:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/publicity-team/announcements/blob/master/en/2018/20180601.wml
>
> also removed the short "About Debian" paragraph, and removed the comment
> lines that we use as "help" for writing announcements.
[...]
> Our proposal would be that you (or us, but you know better the details)
> create the https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/ExtendedLTS with a similar format
> as the https://wiki.debian.org/LTS page, including timeline, link to
> Freexian, and maybe explain that it is not in Debian infrastructure but
> all the Debian users can benefit of the work...
>
> This way, we keep in the announcement the focus on end-of-life of Wheezy
> LTS, and yes, we add one click for the interested people, but IMO that's
> also a good filter to avoid misunderstandings for other readers, and an
> opportunity to explain more things or explain then better, in the wiki page.
>
> What do you think?

Fine with me. Let's do it! I will add all necessary information to
https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/ExtendedLTS shortly.

Thanks for your help

Cheers,

Markus

P.S.: Maybe https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Publicity/Announcements should
be updated because I followed point 2 when I chose the name for the
announcement and it still mentions YYYY-MM-DD-$title.wml as namingscheme.