Re: last call for wheezy updates and remaining work for transition

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 07:42:02PM +0200, Markus Koschany wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [...]
> >>From what I understand, the next steps here are:
> >
> >  1. send the announcement (tomorrow, markus?)
>
> I will send the announcement on 01.06. around 10-14 UTC.
>
> >  2. ensure the infrastructure team is ready for the new LTS
> >  3. contact the FTP team to give LTS users 4 weeks grace period
> >  4. contact the rel team to coordinate the last jessie release
> >  5. update wiki pages
>
> I assume the last point release for Jessie will happen before June 17.

Actually it will be later, see the thread at
https://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2018/05/msg00185.html . For
security the support ends on 17th, the last point release is then
planned for something in june/july but it's not fixed yet according to
that thread.

So in short: actually no date is fixed yet for the last jessie point
release, afaict.

Regards,
Salvatore