Re: Wheezy update of irssi?

* Antoine Beaupré <anarcat@orangeseeds.org> [2018-02-16 21:01:48 CET]:
> On 2017-12-22 13:53:46, Rhonda D'Vine wrote:
> > * Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <pochu@debian.org> [2017-12-19 20:04:57 CET]:
> >  Given that you would be paid to do the update and me not there is
> > little sense for me to do it, right?  Don't want to step in the way of
> > payrolls.
>
> Hi Rhonda,
>
> I am not sure how you want us to proceed from here on... There has been
> yet another set of security issues discovered in irssi, as documented
> here:
>
> https://irssi.org/security/html/irssi_sa_2018_02/

 I am aware.

> It's your call, really. If you see another option, I'd be happy to hear
> it as well.

 I thought my above statement should have been clear enough?  Again,
I don't want to step in the way of your payrolls, and I am still a
bit disturbed by the fact that oldoldstable gets more attention than
oldstable or stable for the matter, still believe that the priorities
with respect to that are the wrong way around, but you are free to do
what you can and should do, this is still a voluntary project.

 I plan to work on 1.0.7 for unstable, haven't yet made up my mind if I
want to switch to the 1.1 branch (1.0 is said to be supported by
upstream specificly for long time, 1.2 will be the next maintenance
branch), and after that would go so-to-say "top down" from newest
release to oldest release, not the other way around.  So I won't get in
your way there unless I have enough time to get there earlier than you.

 It still would be nice to get some git patchsets for your uploads so I
can apply them to the repository, but my priorities are definitely
rather on fixing-more-current-releases-first than oldoldstable as
highest priority.

> I hope you are well! I'll probably be available to discuss this in
> person at DebConf Taiwan if you'd rather avoid an another email
> discussion, although that is rather far in the future...

 Also looking forward to be there. :)
Rhonda