Re: Extended Long Term Support for Wheezy

 ❦ 20 février 2018 22:02 +0100, Markus Koschany <apo@debian.org> :

>>> FWIW, I published a blog post with more details about how it will
>>> work from the sponsor's point of view:
>>> https://raphaelhertzog.com/2018/02/20/time-to-join-extended-long-term-support-for-debian-7-wheezy/
>>
>> Limiting ELTS access to sponsors seem quite incompatible with using any
>> Debian resource for that. Is that really the meaning of the last
>> paragraph?
>
> No this is not what Raphael has written. The point made is that all
> security fixes will benefit every user of ELTS and there are no access
> restrictions when Debian's infrastructure is used. (See his post on
> debian-devel) However if you like to see a certain package supported
> during the ELTS lifecycle then you should be a regular LTS sponsor as
> well because without regular support ELTS would not be possible.

My bad. I suggest replacing "it would not be possible to get extended
wheezy support" by "it would not be possible to sponsor extended wheezy
support".
--
Don't compare floating point numbers just for equality.