Re: Extended Long Term Support for Wheezy

Am 20.02.2018 um 18:39 schrieb Vincent Bernat:
>  ❦ 20 février 2018 18:10 +0100, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> :
>
>>> some of the LTS sponsors are looking to extend the support period of
>>> Debian 7 Wheezy (from a few months up to a full year).i
>>
>> FWIW, I published a blog post with more details about how it will
>> work from the sponsor's point of view:
>> https://raphaelhertzog.com/2018/02/20/time-to-join-extended-long-term-support-for-debian-7-wheezy/
>
> Limiting ELTS access to sponsors seem quite incompatible with using any
> Debian resource for that. Is that really the meaning of the last
> paragraph?

No this is not what Raphael has written. The point made is that all
security fixes will benefit every user of ELTS and there are no access
restrictions when Debian's infrastructure is used. (See his post on
debian-devel) However if you like to see a certain package supported
during the ELTS lifecycle then you should be a regular LTS sponsor as
well because without regular support ELTS would not be possible.

Regards,

Markus