forgot frontdesk - apologies and solutions?

Hi!

Markus reminded me today that I was frontdesk for the week: I had
completely forgotten. :( For some reason, I hadn't noted this down in my
agenda which means the event simply doesn't exist in this case. I have
reviewed my other allocations and they're all well written down in my
agenda, so this shouldn't happen again.

That said, I should also mention that while I claimed the first week of
may, it turns out that I won't be available during that time because of
other commitments, so someone else should take up that time. There are
also time slots available starting at the end of june, although I'm not
too worried about those right now.

I'm wondering if it would be worth working on some automation to send a
friendly email reminder to the assigned frontdesk person on the first
day of the week.. This system could also warn when *no* person is
assigned for (say) the following week as well.

I can work on such a simple system quickly if people think it's a good
idea.

Sorry again for the oversight: I definitely know how frustrating it can
be when frontdesk doesn't allocate new jobs... ;)

A.

--
The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity.
                        - C.A.R. Hoare