Re: Better communication about spectre/meltdown

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 12:33:12PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On IRC I learned that Moritz Muehlenhoff (jmm) started the work of
> bakcporting retpoline to gcc-4.9 for jessie. We need to do the same
> for gcc-4.6 (and maybe gcc-4.7) in wheezy. gcc-4.6 is used for the
> kernel build so that's the important target really.

Or rather introduce gcc-4.9 as a new source package to wheezy LTS
which can then be used for the kernel build (once 3.2.x has
retpoline backported).

For the architectures supported in LTS the compiler difference
between 4.6 and 4.9 should not matter.

Cheers,
        Moritz