Re: pulling in other vulnerability databases

On Thu, 2018-01-25 at 11:05 -0500, Antoine Beaupré wrote:

> I'm not sure what to say to nodesecurity.io folks

I've already contacted them multiple times in 2014 and once in 2016,
about incorporating CVEs into their workflow. The responses were
positive but didn't result in much change, except when the issues were
sent to oss-sec or Mitre by the Debian security team or myself or
others. Most of their recent advisories have CVEs but some don't. I'm
guessing the researchers who discovered the issues are getting CVEs.
I think the best outcome would be if NodeSecurity could become a CNA so
they could issue CVEs immediately with each advisory they send out.

https://marc.info/?i=1399944995.3095.25.camel@chianamo
https://marc.info/?i=1411952951.6106.20.camel@bonedaddy.net
https://marc.info/?l=oss-security&m=139757263925026&w=2
http://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2016/02/20/2
http://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2016/01/12/2

> pabs, did you have any issues in mind that were problematic here
> specifically?

Here is one example culled from my email archive:

http://bugs.debian.org/862712
https://nodesecurity.io/advisories/338
https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/862712

It didn't end up getting added to the security tracker, didn't get a
CVE and only got fixed in Debian after I filed a bug about it.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise