Re: Wheezy update of r-base?

Hi Dirk

See below.

On 14 March 2017 at 22:27, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org> wrote:

Hi Ola,

On 14 March 2017 at 22:04, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
| For stable I think 3.1.1+deb8u1 should be used.
| For oldstable I think 3.1.1+deb7u1 should be used.

My primary concern is helping Moritz and the security team.

Would stable and oldstable be extra uploads?  Can you do those?

Stable and unstable uploads will be separate. Yes I can do those.
At least I can do it for oldstable. I'm not 100% sure for stable as I'm not perfectly
up to date to the procedure there.

| If you first unpack the source using dpkg-source -x ... and then do the
| modifications (assuming you have stepped the revision in the changelog) you
| can simply run debdiff to get the difference between this revision and the
| previous. It is very convenient for people to review it.

Yeah, I think I used it in the past.

| Here is some more information on the procedure for wheezy.
|
| https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Development

That's not the same page Moritz sent me to. But I can take a peek.

But first things first:  Let's get us jessie-security right.  Anything but
the version label I need to change?

I could not find anything else.

With my LTS hat on I think oldstable is equally important. :-)

| Let me know if you "only" want to build the correction or if you also want to
| help out with the upload and/or if you also want to send the DLA.
|
| When you upload the oldstable package (wheezy-security) make sure you
| include the .orig file in that upload (special build flag) or else it will not
| be accepted.

Sure.

I will also need to update a Docker container as my pbuilder already bailed
when trying the jessie package.

| I'm only speaking in terms of wheezy update now as I help out with the
| oldstable
| update, not stable updates.

Moritz or anybody else from security:  what else is left to do?

Best regards

// Ola

Cheers, Dirk

/  ola@inguza.com                    Folkebogatan 26            \
|  opal@debian.org                   654 68 KARLSTAD            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |
\  gpg/f.p.: 7090 A92B 18FE 7994 0C36 4FE4 18A1 B1CF 0FE5 3DD9  /