Re: Wheezy update of r-base?

Hi Ola,

On 14 March 2017 at 22:04, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
| For stable I think 3.1.1+deb8u1 should be used.
| For oldstable I think 3.1.1+deb7u1 should be used.

My primary concern is helping Moritz and the security team.

Would stable and oldstable be extra uploads?  Can you do those?

| If you first unpack the source using dpkg-source -x ... and then do the
| modifications (assuming you have stepped the revision in the changelog) you
| can simply run debdiff to get the difference between this revision and the
| previous. It is very convenient for people to review it.

Yeah, I think I used it in the past.

| Here is some more information on the procedure for wheezy.
|
| https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Development

That's not the same page Moritz sent me to. But I can take a peek.

But first things first:  Let's get us jessie-security right.  Anything but
the version label I need to change?

| Let me know if you "only" want to build the correction or if you also want to
| help out with the upload and/or if you also want to send the DLA.
|
| When you upload the oldstable package (wheezy-security) make sure you
| include the .orig file in that upload (special build flag) or else it will not
| be accepted.

Sure.

I will also need to update a Docker container as my pbuilder already bailed
when trying the jessie package.

| I'm only speaking in terms of wheezy update now as I help out with the
| oldstable
| update, not stable updates.

Moritz or anybody else from security:  what else is left to do?

Cheers, Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org