Re: Accepted graphicsmagick 1.3.16-1.1+deb7u10 (source amd64 all) into oldoldstable

On 2017-10-31 11:56:31, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 28 Oct 2017, Brian May wrote:
>> I didn't realize until after I uploaded the newer version associated
>> with DLA-1140-1. So I tried sending DLA-1130-1 again, followed by
>> DLA-1140-1.
>>
>> Unfortunately DLA-1140-1 made it to the list, but DLA-1130-1 still
>> didn't. I am concerned if I send DLA-1130-1 now that DLA-1140-1 has been
>> published it would cause confusion.
>
> Please send it again and add a small sentence explaining that you send an
> old advisory that never made it to the list... IOW if you expect
> confusion, add an explanation to clear it up.

I will be looking at a GM update later today - should i merge that
announcement in?

> But not sending the announce is not a good option IMO. FWIW checking that the
> announce went through is part of my routine for each DLA.

Agreed. What I do is that I have the DLA template in my secure-testing
SVN checkout after I sent it, and leave it there until I have verified
it shows up in the archives.

(Or that I received it, but my email client (notmuch) strangely makes
that quite difficult, as it deduplicates multiple messages with the same
message ID, so I can't really tell if I actually received my own
messages! That will fortunately be fixed in the 0.26 release though... )

A.

--
Il n'existe aucune limite sacrée ou non à l'action de l'homme dans
l'univers. Depuis nos origines nous avons le choix: être aveuglé par