Re: tre package ready for testing

On Thu, 27 Oct 2016, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Oct 2016, Santiago Vila wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 01:43:00PM -0400, Antoine Beaupré wrote:
> >
> > > I am not sure how to perform tests against tre, [...]
> >
> > Well, the package included a test suite, but I had it disabled since a
> > long time because (I think) there was a test which failed.
> >
> > I have now enabled it but without making errors fatals, this is
> > suboptimal, of course, but it's just a start:
> >
> > override_dh_auto_test:
> >         dh_auto_test || true
> >
> > I now see that the failing test needs a locale setting which is not
> > guaranteed to be available in the autobuilders.
>
> You can usally build-depend on locales-all for this (though I think you
> need some sort of alternative to not break the build dependency on
> Ubuntu).

The output of the test suite may be found here after the unstable
upload I did yesterday night:

https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=tre&arch=amd64&ver=0.8.0-5&stamp=1477526912

Quote:

FAIL: wretest
=============

Could not set locale en_US.ISO-8859-1.  Expect some
Invalid or incomplete multi-byte sequence' errors.

I would need to enable en_US.ISO-8859-1, and apparently locales-all is
not enough, because after installing locales-all this is what I get:

$ LC_ALL=en_US.ISO-8859-1
bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.ISO-8859-1)

Does the locales-all package enable any other *.ISO-8859-1 locale
which I could use instead? I'm starting to remember why I did not
enable the test suite in the past...

Thanks a lot.