Re: Wiki update LTS/Using and EOL announcement

Am 29.02.2016 um 20:27 schrieb Paul Gevers:
> Hi Markus,
>
> On 29-02-16 20:25, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
>> you only can upgrade to wheezy directly. upgrade accross versions is not
>> supported.
>
> I know, but that is not what I meant. I meant (and wrote), upgrade via
> wheezy.

Hi Paul,

the target audience for this announcement are Squeeze LTS users who
might have missed the recent Debian news [1] or who are otherwise
unaware that Squeeze LTS ends after five years. Debian only supports
upgrades to consecutive releases. Upgrading to Wheezy is the right
choice, no matter if you decide to upgrade to the current stable release
again. If it helps I could remove the "Debian 7 Wheezy" part and write
"we recommend that you upgrade your systems". The important thing is,
and I hope this announcement makes it sufficiently clear, Squeeze LTS
will be no longer supported from now on, please upgrade at your earliest
convenience.

Regards,

Markus

[1] https://www.debian.org/News/2016/20160212