Re: Upgrading from Debian 6.0 LTS to 7

On Mon, 22 Feb 2016, Alexis Grigoriou wrote:

This is the approach I took and all went well, except for a few packages
that I needed to install manually and a message from mysql "Could not
perform immediate configuration on 'mysql-server-5.5"
Which I had to install manually with it's dependencies.
Thanks for the help guys.

Having done a good number of squeeze->wheezy upgrades recently I've found that if you are running mysql 5.1 it is worth upgrading to mysql 5.5 BEFORE going to wheezy as it makes the upgrade process not have issues with mysql. Do this before changing sources to wheezy:

 apt-get install mysql-client-5.5 mysql-server-5.5

I've also come across a range of different grub/boot issues but I think they have mainly been related to machines that were upgraded from lenny on xen. Some don't seem to like grub2 at all.

john