Re: squeeze update of chrony?

On 2016-02-13 03:23:21, Guido Günther wrote:
>> > If you want to build it from the git tree, the following should suffice:
>> > $git clone https://anonscm.debian.org/git/collab-maint/chrony.git
>> > $git checkout squeeze-lts
>> > $gbp buildpackage --git-pbuilder --git-debian-branch=squeeze-lts --git-upstream-branch=upstream-1.24
>>
>> Oddly, enough, that is worse for me - but it is probably related to my
>
> Can you post the invocation and the error you're seeing (probably better
> t git-buildpackage@packages.debian.org since this is off topic).

I don't have it on hand now, but it was basically building with the sid
chroot instead of the squeeze one.

>> specific git-buildpackage setup (it tries to build in my sid
>> chroot). This works:
>>
>> DIST=squeeze ARCH=amd64 git-buildpackage --git-debian-branch=squeeze-lts --git-upstream-branch=upstream-1.24
>
> I think you don't have to pass the upstream branch at all since gbp will
> pick up the tag corrssponding with the version from the changelog so:
>
>     gbp buildpackage --git-dist=squeeze --git-debian-branch=debian/squeeze-lts
>
> should be enough or
>
>     gbp buildpackage --git-dist=DEP14 --git-debian-branch=debian/squeeze-lts
>
> so it will derive the distribution from the branch you're building from.

Interesting - seems like I missed some of the new developments in gbp
land! :) I'll try that out next time (and try to document some of this
too!)

a.
--
We are discreet sheep; we wait to see how the drove is going, and then go
with the drove.