Re: squeeze update of chrony?

On 2016-02-11 15:37:27, Vincent Blut wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 02:02:52PM -0500, Antoine Beaupré wrote:
>>On 2016-02-10 17:33:37, Vincent Blut wrote:
>>> Ok, it’s done. Please could you review and eventually upload if
>>> everything is good for you?  Note that the concerned branch is
>>> *squeeze-lts* and the chrony-1.24 upstream tarball is in a branch named
>>> *upstream-1.24*.
>>
>>Hi!
>
> Hello Antoine,
>

>>I have tried to build the package using the git repo here:
>>
>>git://anonscm.debian.org/collab-maint/chrony.git
>
> Could you please give it another shot, I updated the series file?

Alright, it works...

>>... i guess i'm not familiar enough with non-quilt packages to handle
>>this, but I'd be curious to hear how you build the package from the git
>>repo.
>
> If you want to build it from the git tree, the following should suffice:
> $git clone https://anonscm.debian.org/git/collab-maint/chrony.git
> $git checkout squeeze-lts
> $gbp buildpackage --git-pbuilder --git-debian-branch=squeeze-lts --git-upstream-branch=upstream-1.24

Oddly, enough, that is worse for me - but it is probably related to my
specific git-buildpackage setup (it tries to build in my sid
chroot). This works:

DIST=squeeze ARCH=amd64 git-buildpackage --git-debian-branch=squeeze-lts --git-upstream-branch=upstream-1.24

>>I'm sorry I can't help further with this now. If you provide a debdiff,
>>I think I'd be able to review, build and upload the result.
>
> “dsc” file attached!

The .dsc file is not so useful without the attached .diff file. Those
are not reproducible, unfortunately, as git-buildpackage generates
different .gz files at every run.

>>PS: oh, i think i found out:
>>14_restrict-authentication-of-server-peer-to-specified-key.patch is
>>missing from debian/applied/series!
>
> Thanks for catching. ;-)

Hey no problem. It turns out that debdiff doesn't do what I expected
with .deb files: it just looks at the file list, and not the actual
files. Note sure what is going on there:

$ debdiff --unpack-tarballs chrony_1.24-3+squeeze2_amd64.deb build-area/chrony_1.24-3+squeeze3_amd64.deb
File lists identical (after any substitutions)

Control files: lines which differ (wdiff format)
Version: [-1.24-3+squeeze2-] {+1.24-3+squeeze3+}
[1021]anarcat@angela:dist1$ dpkg -x chrony_1.24-3+squeeze2_amd64.deb squeeze2
[1022]anarcat@angela:dist$ dpkg -x build-area/chrony_1.24-3+squeeze3_amd64.deb squeeze3
[1023]anarcat@angela:dist$ diff -rq squeeze2 squeeze3
Files squeeze2/usr/bin/chronyc and squeeze3/usr/bin/chronyc differ
Files squeeze2/usr/sbin/chronyd and squeeze3/usr/sbin/chronyd differ
Files squeeze2/usr/share/doc/chrony/changelog.Debian.gz and squeeze3/usr/share/doc/chrony/changelog.Debian.gz differ

Anyways, i'll proceed with the upload shortly after testing.

A.
--
Evil exists to glorify the good. Evil is negative good.
It is a relative term. Evil can be transmuted into good.