Re: Preparing to announce Squeeze LTS end-of-life

Hi,

On Dienstag, 9. Februar 2016, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> My personal preference is also at the end of the month. But I believe that
> Ben sort of officially declared end of support for the squeeze kernel
> already.

Ben has "just" closed a lot of linux bugs which only affected 2.6.32 with a
note saying

"Debian 6.0 Long Term Support has now ended, and the 'linux-2.6' source
package will no longer be updated.  This bug is being closed on the
assumption that it does not affect the kernel versions in newer Debian
releases.

If you can still reproduce this bug in a newer release, please reopen
the bug report and reassign it to 'src:linux' and the affected version
of the package. [...]"

That said, *I don't believe* Ben would be against fixing really critical bugs
in linux-2.6 should one pop up in, say, the next two weeks…

Looking more at the wider future, I think it would be great if we could
support one LTS version until the next oldstable becomes oldstable-lts.

cheers,
	Holger