Re: RFC - ImageMagick, proper testing, and handling issues without a CVE ID

On Tue, 2016-11-29 at 12:14 +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 28 Nov 2016, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> > Quite right:
> > http://people.debian.org/~roberto/imagemagick_6.7.7.10-5+deb7u7_6.7.7.10-5+deb7u8.diff
>
> Somme comments:
> - since we have no git history, it's nice to indicate in each patch what
>   CVE it fixes (I like to name the patch according to the CVE it fixes too)
>   here, I have to lookup the upstream ticket or commit to find out and in many
>   cases, it's no longer possible since the patch refers to a
>   trac.imagemagick.org URL which no longer exists and/or the commit does
>   not have the CVE number :(
[...]

Would it make sense to add a Bug header field to patches, e.g.:

    Bug-CVE: https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-XXXX-YYYY

or:

    Bug-Debian-Security: https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-XXXX-YYYY

?

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular. - Adlai