Re: boot problem after updating dropbear [solved -- MANUAL initrd works required]

Hi,

On 27/09/16 02:24, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Tue, 2016-09-27 at 00:56 +1000, Andrew McGlashan wrote:
> I would guess that you previously modified
> /usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks/dropbear and the upgrade overwrote
> your changes.  That would not be a bug since it's not a configuration
> file.

That is most likely what happened, thanks.

> You'll need to write a *separate* hook script that installs the extra
> files.

I've created a new section in a hook file that I already created.

My "extra" files are now in /etc/initramfs-tools/root.other_files/

And the extra part in my hook script is:

# Install other root files
if [ -d /etc/initramfs-tools/root.other_files ]; then
	(cd /etc/initramfs-tools/root.other_files/;tar cf - . | (cd
"${DESTDIR}/root/";tar xvf -))
fi

So, it should be good now.  Thanks again.

Kind Regards
AndrewM