Re: matrixssl

Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> writes:

> This should be done by updating the debian-security-support package.
> I'm not sure whether there's any need to batch changes there.
> Unfortunately it looks like it has to be updated in jessie before
> wheezy due to its date-based versioning.
>
> After updating it, issue a DLA like this:
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts-announce/2016/05/msg00042.html

Ok, so looks like I should be able to add the following line:

matrixssl               1.8.8-1                 2016-09-08  Not supported in Debian LTS (https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts/2016/09/msg00030.html)

To security-support-ended.deb7 and push to
ssh://git.debian.org/git/collab-maint/debian-security-support.git

Do I need to ask anybody before doing so?

Probably will need to leave the release to somebody else as I am not
sure of the release process or if changes need to be batched; looks like
the same package is required in sid, jessie, and wheezy.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>