Re: Wheezy update of dietlibc?

Hi Chris,

On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 10:04:53AM +0200, Chris Lamb wrote:
> > Well, then it would be great if someone could upload the fixed
> > package for me. :)
>
> I've uploaded the wheezy version to security-master.
>
> However, whilst I reserved a DLA I have not announced it due to the
> required binNMUs - it would be pointless, misleading and/or dangerous
> as dietlibc is a static library.
>
> I need some help here - do I simply request these in the usual way?
> I have not done this for security before.

If the source for the respective binary packages you want to binNMU is
not in the security-archive you need to to a sourceful upload without
changes (but wait first that the dietlibc version has been built) and
avialable. I guess that is for almost all the cases you need to do,
since they are if I understood correctly just 'minit' and 'mksh',
neither of those two are on security.d.o, so you need to do a
sourcefull upload.

HTH,
Regards,
Salvatore