Re: changelogs missing!

On Sun, 2016-06-19 at 19:40 +0200, Die Optimisten wrote:
> Hi
> More and more debian-packages don't have actual changelogs any more
>    aptitude: failed to download the changelog of linux-image-3.2.0.4-amd64
> Don't know if that is caused by debian.org or the kernel-maintainers...
> Please correct this!

All binary packages in the archive include a changelog.

The changelogs for packages in the main archive are also available
separately under http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs/
and I think that is where aptitude fetches them from.

However, changelogs for packages that only exist in the security
archive are not available from that server.  Since the last point
release for wheezy, uploads to wheezy-security (for LTS) are not being
copied to the main archive and so their changelogs are never available
from there.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid all together.