Re: Unsupported packages for Wheezy LTS

On Thu, 12 May 2016, Antoine Beaupré wrote:
> On 2016-05-12 09:16:15, Santiago Ruano Rincón wrote:
> > Also, Antoine has filled a bug [1] regarding libmatroska and libebml,
> > but DLA-420-1 and DLA-438-1 addressed those packages. Antoine, why they
> > should be tagged as not-supported?
>
> Uh! I didn't see those go through, I'm surprised... My rationale was
> exposed here:
>
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts/2016/02/msg00014.html

That rationale applied to squeeze, not to wheezy. Let's close
#814557 for now.

> So I would say that matroska/libebml is dependent on libav support. But
> I'm no multimedia team expert, others may have more competent advice.

It should not be too hard to look up packages depending on libmatroska and
see what they depend on... they are also not packages with a bad security
track record so we have no reason to drop them from support in general.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer