Re: Unsupported packages for Wheezy LTS

On 2016-05-12 09:16:15, Santiago Ruano Rincón wrote:
> Also, Antoine has filled a bug [1] regarding libmatroska and libebml,
> but DLA-420-1 and DLA-438-1 addressed those packages. Antoine, why they
> should be tagged as not-supported?

Uh! I didn't see those go through, I'm surprised... My rationale was
exposed here:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts/2016/02/msg00014.html

Basically, ffmpeg was marked as unsupported, and matroska/libebml were
seen as related as they are a founding block, like ffmpeg/libav, for
media applications: if libav or ffmpeg is unsupported, basically
everything else falls apart and matroska support is somewhat less
relevant.

So I would say that matroska/libebml is dependent on libav support. But
I'm no multimedia team expert, others may have more competent advice.

A.
--
>From the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of
Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!
                        - Winston Smith, 1984