Re: Accepted libuser 1:0.56.9.dfsg.1-1.2+deb7u1 (source amd64) into oldstable

On Thu, 12 May 2016, Holger Levsen wrote:
> I think there should be the general rule to always fix things in
> unstable first, even if this requires an NMU by the LTS team. I also
> thought we agreed on this previously, but I might be wrong here. We
> certainly discussed this before…

I don't think we ever agreed on this. We should make sure that
a fix in unstable is going to happen so we have to make sure that a bug
with a proper severity is filed and we should share there our patch to
help kickstart the effort but it's not the responsibility of the LTS team
to fix packages in unstable.

We can do it (based on each member's judgment) but we don't have to.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer